Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication and promotion strategies
- Analyze advertising needs
- Develop appropriate marketing plan
- Develop social media plan
- Interview entrepreneurs for success stories including video, testimonials and photos
- Media relations
- Evaluate communications existing strategies designed to inform clients and the general public of initiatives of the organization
- Conduct client opinion survey to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by the organization
- Review of website and prepare current updated descriptions of programs and services
What skills will the participant develop during this placement
- Client Service – Client Service refers to the ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with clients. At work, client service skills are required to interact with clients on behalf of the employer.
- Teamwork – Teamwork refers to the skills needed to interact with other people. At work, people work with others in pairs and in small and large groups to coordinate tasks, share resources, plan, make decisions, negotiate, solve conflicts and complete other activities that involve teamwork.
- Communication – Communication refers to the skills needed to exchange thoughts and information with other people. This exchange can happen orally by speaking, listening and using non-verbal cues, such as body language or in writing. At work, people use communication skills to talk to customers, discuss products with suppliers, explain work procedures to co-workers, participate in virtual sales meetings with clients, and other activities that involve verbal or written exchanges.
- Digital Skills – Digital Skills refers to the skills needed to understand and use digital systems, tools and applications, and to process digital information. At work, people use digital technology skills to input, access, analyze, organize, create and communicate information and ideas using computers, software, point-of-sale equipment, email, podcasts, web applications, smart phones and other digital devices.
- Leadership – Leadership refers to a number of skills, including communication, relationship building, and the ability to delegate and traits such as honesty. At work, leadership skills are required when working in a team, demonstrating initiative, and taking responsibility for the completion of tasks that require multiple employees.
Language required for job: English
Supervisor: Executive Director and/or Communications Coordinator
Type of your supervision plan: On-site supervision
- Daily – Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30; 7 hours per day; 1 hour unpaid lunch
- 12 weeks – employer may be flexible on start and end date for ideal candidate; minimum 30 hours per week is required
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Post Secondary education in related field of study related to tasks and responsibilities
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license for the Frequency period
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
Funding for part of this position is on behalf of the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by May 18 at 12pm to:
Amber Darling, Executive Director
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Start date is expected to be on or about June 1, 2023.